To determine its “Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index”, Acritas asked general counsel at companies around the world with revenues of at least $1 billion the following questions:
- The ﬁrst law ﬁrms to come to mind
- The ﬁrms they feel most favorable towards
- The ﬁrms most considered for multi-jurisdictional deals
- The ﬁrms most considered for multi-jurisdictional litigation
Interviews were conducted across 55 countries between January and September 2013.
A number of firms were identified as “rapid risers” – with their brand strength increasing in recent years.
The gainers include Kirkland & Ellis, DLA Piper, King & Wood Mallesons, K&L Gates, and Gibson Dunn & Crutcher.
The top 10 brands:
- Baker & McKenzie
- Clifford Chance
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- DLA Piper
- Allen & Overy
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Jones Day
- Hogan Lovells
- Herbert Smith Freehills
Click here to see the full list.
(Pictured: Grey Street, Newcastle – the home of Acritas)