Need help preparing, reviewing, or editing a submission? Or someone to manage a large number of submissions? Not getting the rankings you deserve? Confused by all the surveys and awards out there? Unsure how to position your practice? Or do you have a query about an aspect of the directory research process.
I can help.
My focus is everything to do with legal directories.
I help lawyers and law firms raise their profile among the range of organizations and publications that rank, analyze, measure and write about lawyers – directories, listings, surveys, awards, websites, and magazines. And all related media and communications issues.
The thing I like to do best is work with lawyers to identify the interesting features, strengths and characteristics of their practices.
And then find imaginative ways to present them effectively and persuasively to the relevant directories, websites and publications.
For law firms around the world:
- Prepare persuasive submissions for the key legal directories, awards, and surveys
- Review and edit existing submissions for format, substance, length and style
- Design high-quality templates to improve the structure and clarity of submissions
- Experience of drafting submissions for almost every market and practice area
- Best practice material to help with every aspect of a directories program
- Clear guidance on which directories, surveys, websites and publications to focus on
- Advice on where to spend advertising dollars
Training & Development
- Presentations and Q+A sessions on effective legal directories management
- Process management training for law firm marketing teams
- Pre-interview lawyer coaching and preparation
- Post-interview follow-up
- Organize law firm marketing departments to manage a firm-wide directories program
- Putting infrastructure in place so you don’t miss deadlines and opportunities
- Analysis of directory results and comparisons with competitors
- Benchmarking reports and client feedback
- Clear summaries and analysis of directory performance
- Develop dedicated directories intranet page
- Clear, responsive advice on any legal directory, survey, or publication-related query
- Keeping you abreast of news, changes and developments in the directory world
- International service to clients in every time zone
- Directories work is my focus, but I also offer expertise and experience in related areas of legal marketing such as external and internal communications; client feedback, benchmarking reports and competitor analysis; and copy for websites, biographies, brochures and newsletters.
Since 2008, I have advised and represented more than 100 law firms and around 1,500 lawyers in almost every market, practice area and industry sector.
Clients range from global firms, international firms, and full-service national practices to specialist boutiques, sole practitioners, start-up firms, and barristers’ chambers.
To date, I have advised firms in the U.S, U.K, Canada, Australia, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.